Monday, January 22, 2018

Stubborn

I am building a golden birdhouse
With white trimmings and a lawn
Built short, filled with straw, and
the loveliest copper tin roof

At the store I buy
Red Paint for decoration
Long wood for a base
some wool for a soft inside

hammer in hand, nails sharp and long,
I have made over a hundred houses
on cool grass or stacked up high
All the same, All the same

This new house looks promising
though It’s red like all the others
And the trimmings will come out perfect
though I have no white paint for them

Still I’ve made this many right?
Only a matter of time I think
Before I build a golden birdhouse
Ah It’s gotten so late now

Too long
Too red
Too wrong
And the worst of it?

No straw at all.

I’ll make a new one tomorrow
Sure it’ll be golden tomorrow
Gotta run by the store tomorrow

I need red paint for tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment